.

.
REMOVE THIS STATUE

Monday, March 19, 2012

YES WE CAN!





H/T to Jenn

10 comments:

  1. Romney: "...one promise he's kept, when he campaigned he said he wanted to raise the price of gasoline . he said under him energy costs would skyrocket."

    What president obama said in a 2008 interview was his cap and trade plan could cause electricity cost to rise. romney corrected himself later in the day.

    Your quote and photo is completely incorrect. Before you cut and past your GOP talking points emails, Lisa, you should check their veracity.

    Obama said ELECTRICITY would necessarily skyrocket, not GASOLINE, as your graphic shows.

    You have to watch the entire video to understand what he means. So I'm assuming you'll keep the photo up to enforce the incorrect talking point.



    It's more complicated than your hit and miss post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Shaw, it IS complicated. For instance, did you know that if the cap and trade bill had in fact passed as is, it would have probably been one of the biggest examples of corporate welfare in United States history? And that's not just me saying that, either. Peter Orszag (Mr. Obama's first budget director and clearly one of his better appointments) also said it. Yeah, that's right, while the stupid-assed Democrats in Congress wanted to give away (mostly to corporations, mind you) 85% of the emission permits for 2012 and only auction away the remaining 15%, Mr. Orszag countered with this little piece straight medicine, "If you didn't auction the permits, it would represent the largest corporate welfare program that has ever been enacted in the history of the United States. All of the evidence suggests that what would occur is that corporate profits would increase by approximately the value of the permits." Unfortunately, Mr.s Waxman and Markey didn't listen to Orszag and decided to lard the bill (which is currently still stalled) up anyway. Yeah, you're damned right it's complicated.

      Delete
  2. When it come to an energy policy, like everything else Obama is totally clueless and ignorant . He has has spent more than three years blocking every reasonable effort to expand oil production and thus bringing down gas prices, has has failed in job creation as well. He has the opportunity to do both with the pipeline and rejected that.. The only thing that he has been successful at is tax hikes.
    Obama not only rejected the b pipeline but the more than 20,000 jobs that would have come with it. His answer is the Chevy Volt.
    I hope that by election day and gas is a $5.00 a gallon .. The people will wake up and see what an Idiot we have in the WH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama is a liar and I am surprised that the Demowits cant see it after 3 years of it…he spend over 800.000 million on just 3 solar companies and they all failed.. why cant the Demowits see that?

    His "make sure your tires were properly inflated, get regular tune-ups" BS is as stupid as Forest Gump.
    Shame on these lefty numb-skulls who can't see the forest thru the trees, just look at the comment above that is now blaming Romney.
    The real answer is to get that Pathetic Incompetent Loser Obama and his staff out of the White House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaw:

    1) Obama's own Energy Secretary DID call for raising gas prices. This was his exact quotation: "“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,”

    2) Wanting a policy to make electricity prices increase is hardly a good thing. You seem to think it is. We need policies to make energy prices (both gasoline and electricity) go down.

    The President is rather vulnerable on this issue, and both policies directly and negatively impact the average American.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The train has left the station folks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shaw he said "energy" prices. I heard the video to which he said he would tax energy companies under his plan and those costs would be passed down to the consumer. You are consumer aren't you?
    Guess what poor people are consumers. So much for the "party of the people".

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is disgraceful!
    When will this nonsenses end?

    ReplyDelete